Custom Wallpaper Powered
by 7 Decades of Experience
Modernize your corporate environment, upgrade your store, or create a statement in your home. We’ll make you a beautiful wallpaper, and save you money.
- Corporate & national chain specialists
- Discounts for quantity orders
- Family Owned and Operated Since 1952
We’ll get the job done right the first time.
From well before the 18th century up until halfway in the 20th century, patterned wallpaper was the premier wall finishing material for homes. It wasn’t long before it lost its fame to paintwork. Wallpaper backdrops may not be as hip as they once were, but custom wallpaper is hot in the interior design industry.
Why custom wallpaper
Because you want your home or office to be truly unique. Custom wallpaper can help you create a mood in your space. It can communicate your passions or
history. Custom wallpaper can be all about you. Custom wallpaper let you make a unique artistic statement about your space and allows you to communicate a message.
Maybe you’re a fanatic about pugs and you want pictures of YOUR pugs repeated all over the wall. Or maybe there’s something unique about the village your grandfather came from. Perhaps you want to tell a story of your family with the story of your corporation. Maybe you’d like to talk about your family roots. Or the history of your corporation and its evolution of its products. Custom wallpaper is about the statement you want to make that no one else can.
Custom Wallpaper Adhesive Options we Offer
This is a 6mil, white poly-coated fabric film with a unique woven texture. Like a decal, it comes with a removable pressure-sensitive adhesive that bonds well to smooth painted surfaces. It’s ideal for painted walls, as it is easy to install and remove without surface damage. Unlike conventional wallpaper, overlap seams are recommended by the manufacturer. Wall Textile is easily installed using a soft felt-tip queegee. This product is removable, making it a great option for renters.
Water activated pre-pasted wallpaper
Envi Monadnock wallpaper offers an alternative to vinyl substrates for retail/hospitality environments as well as residential wall covering. Envi contains 10 percent post-consumer waste fiber, and
meets California 01350 standards for indoor air quality. It has an ASTM E-84-12 Class “A” fire rating for smoke and flame spread. Envi is pre-pasted for easy installation and fully strippable for easy removal.
You can expect beautiful photographic reproduction. Made with the environment in mind, Envi Wall-graphics are Forest Stewardship Council certified and manufactured carbon neutral (VERs) using 100 percent renewable Green-e certified wind powered electricity (RECs) under a third-party certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.
Types of custom wallpaper materials we offer
Canvas Pattern Vinyl Wall Covering
This 21-ounce, certified, commercial grade, type II wall covering, is thick enough to hide minor wall blemishes. The decorative canvas texture creates a soft look and feel to your room.
This wallcovering is a UL class “A” tested and listed. It meets or exceeds federal specifications see, CFFW-W-101-D. This product is tested and complies with paragraph 3.6 mildew and resistance of CCC-408D and paragraph 7.8 mildew resistance of ASTM F793 standard classification wallcovering durability characteristics. This product is cadmium- and lead-free.
Suede Pattern Vinyl Wall Covering
This 21-ounce, certified commercial grade type II wallcovering is thick enough to hide minor wall blemishes. The decorative canvas texture creates a soft look and feel to your room. This wallcovering is UL class “A” tested and listed. It meets or exceeds federal specifications see CFFW-W-101-D. This product is tested and complies with paragraph 3.6 mildew and resistance of CCC-408D and paragraph
7.8 mildew resistance of ASTM F793 standard classification wallcovering durability characteristics. This product is also cadmium- and lead-free.
All types of wallpaper
Platon Graphics offers the above types of personalized wallpaper options that fit any need you may have for any space, cost, and fit required. The information below is only for informational purposes. We do not necessarily offer all the different types of materials or techniques. Please call to speak with one of our custom wallpaper experts to inquire about your available options.
- Linear wallpaper
- Printed wallpaper
- Vinyl wallpaper
- Foil wallpaper
- Herd wallpaper
- Mylar wallpaper
- Bamboo wallpaper
Otherwise called lining paper, this sort of wallpaper is a constituent product of paper or fiberglass. It’s suitable for concealing wall failings and limiting repair, and it very well may be a base for increasingly sensitive wallpaper types. It very well may be used alone, and possibly painted over. Also, it’s simple to apply and remove.
A cleaned metal foil is used as a base for this type of backdrop, giving the inside space a sparkling metallic look. Foil wallpaper especially shows wall defects because of its high reflectivity. Thus, the base wall should be fixed, treated, or secured with coating paper first. The coating and binding procedure should be sufficiently competent, not to destroy the foil’s reflectivity and sparkle.
This sort, a widely used type of backdrop, is accessible in a wide assortment of hues and patterns. The carefully printed wallpaper is typically less expensive than the hand-printed, and it tends to be mass-produced, yet it could tear easily. Likewise, the printing ink is water-based. Hence it’d do well in kitchens and restrooms.
Herd wallpaper is notable for its fluffy three-dimensional sequences, made from a velvet-like fiber that imprints on a base of the paper. It’s one of the costliest wallpaper types, and it’s difficult to maintain. Its smooth surface mirrors a luxurious feeling. Nevertheless, it isn’t launderable and could be challenging to remove. Appropriately, it’s best used for rooms with lower traffic, like the master suite bedrooms or guest quarters.
This kind of wallpaper is a result of printed paper covered with a layer of vinyl. It’s the most widely used sort of wallpaper presently due to its high durability. The thicker the vinyl covering layer is, the tighter the wallpaper will be. Vinyl paper can be used in kitchens and washrooms, as it can stand the debilitating effects of steam. It can likewise be washed, making for simple upkeep.
Mylar backdrop contains a printed paper base, and a polyester film applied over it. It has a wet or sparkly appearance, sort of like foil wallpaper. Similarly, it shows wall defects, so the initial paper lining is suitable for best results. The polyester film makes it simple to wash Mylar backdrop, and it’s likewise simple to peel off. Notwithstanding its ease of removal, further consideration ought to be given to the installation procedure to abstain from wrinkling the paper. It’s a common feature in kitchens and washrooms.
This sort of wallpaper is high-quality and is designed from natural bamboo and adhesively bound to paper. It’s eco-friendly and its tint shifts starting with one roll then onto the next due to the uniqueness of its standard base. All the same, it requires sensitive treatment when sticking and placing as the glues can destroy its appearance, and it isn’t washable.
We manufacture custom wallpaper of 3 different substrates:
- 21-ounce textured vinyl -we stock a canvas type texture and a suede texture. This heavy-duty 21 ounce vinyl will cover some imperfections in the wall and give some depth to the image.
- 210 gram Leed-certified paper-based wallpaper comes standard with a water activated adhesive already on the back. The choice of many architects and developers due to its Leed certification.
- Removable wall textile – a vinyl coated textile with a repositionable adhesive on the back. It has a soft cloth texture, and the ability to remove it and place it elsewhere can be attractive if you’re leasing or renting.
Various kinds of wallcoverings are accessible. Each requires a somewhat different arrangement, application, and placement work as per its qualities. If you asked us, which you kind of are, these are some of our tips and tricks for selecting the best wallpaper for you:
- Standard papers are economical and, for the most part, simple to hang. Be mindful so as
not to pull on the paper hard as you position and reposition the sheets on the wall.
- Vinyl-covered papers have a paper backing and a paper surface that uses a fluid vinyl
layer. This seal causes the wallcovering to be washable, implying you too can mop it off with soapy water.
- Solid sheet vinyl wallcoverings comprise of vinyl bound to a fabric or paper backing.
These wallcoverings are the roughest and stain proof, making fantastic options for kitchens.
- Vinyl is the best choice for a starting wallpaper hanger. Not only is vinyl the most straightforward kind of wallcovering to hang, but at the same time, it’s simple to live with, sturdy, soil-resistant, and simple to clean. It’s even easy to scrub
- Foils and Mylars are sometimes used for small spaces with almost no natural
lighting. The wall surface must be in an impeccable condition because the wallpapers’ gleaming surface highlights any blemishes present. We don’t recommend these options.
- Grasscloth, hemp, and different fabrics on paper are the object of luxurious furnishing
and woven covers with overlaid paper finishing. All are acceptable choices to cover walls in poor condition because they’re costly and generally tricky to hang. We don’t offer Grasscloth or Hemp options.
- Flocked papers have raised, smooth examples and are suitable options for covering walls
having minor surface blemishes. Launderable flocks are more straightforward to install than non-washable ones; however, both are costly, and placement, for the most part, requires a professional. We don’t offer these options.
Tips for Choosing Wallpaper
The two essential differences in the backsides of wallpapers and what they may mean are:
- Prepasted: Perhaps the most evident distinction on the back of this wallpaper is the presence or lack of glue. Most in-stock wallpapers are prepasted. You actuate this production line applied glue by applying a pre-glue activator or by plunging the paper in a water tray.
- Dry, easy stripping: This element will be a more noteworthy concern later when you, or an inhabitant of your home need to expel the paper. Easy-stripping paper peels off completely. Peelable paper strips off but leaves behind its paper backing. This support can be covered up or removed with a wallcovering remover before painting. Remember that easy-stripping backdrop or the paper support of peelable wallpaper is effectively removable just if the substrate becomes appropriately layered before placement.
Undoubtedly, the most significant factor in picking wallcoverings is picking an option you like. You likewise should ensure the selection works in the specific room you intend to place the wallpaper. Here are some fundamental aesthetic rules to adhere to:
- Vertical stripes and sequences cause the ceiling to seem higher
- Horizontal stripes appear to augment a room and lower the ceiling
- Grand designs, for the most part, don’t look good in a little room since they’ll, in general, overwhelm the space and make it appear smaller than it is. A large, open pattern works best in a bigger room
- A scaled-down print or a paper with a little pattern or geometric structure suits smaller measurements
- Dark hues make space to appear smaller
- Wallpaper with a light foundation makes a room look bigger
Wallpapers Versus Paint
The walls of your home have the upside of changing your space with the assistance of paint or wallcoverings. A sensational room can, in a split second, be made delicate and airy with the use of light pale paint shading. While a place that feels too big can quickly feel comfortable with a darker backdrop of a striking hue. There’re advantages and disadvantages to using either paint or wallpaper:
- Selection and Durability
- A mix of both
How long it takes to set up a wall when choosing to use paint or wallpaper is worthy of consideration. In the event you’re beginning from a bare wall face, you can avoid this tip:
- Wallpaper: Removing existing backdrop can be a dull assignment, which requires persistence and the correct procedures to be viable. Stripping wallpaper should be possible with synthetic substances or stripping devices; however, caution is essential, or the wall can get damaged. Seek the advice of a home improvement store for explicit directions on the way to go about it.
- Paint: If you’re covering up a damaged wall, plan flaws with spackle and let it dry 24 hours ahead of time. Applying preliminary paint ahead of time to paint over darker shading paint will make your preparation for painting simpler. Painting requires extensively less planning time than wallpaper.
Selection and Durability
Both paint and backdrop come in different assortments and hues. Paints come in different gleams and sheens, while wallpapers come in paper and vinyl surfaces for solidness and finish variety. The way of life of your family has a significant effect on which finish you select.
Vinyl vs. Paper
Vinyl pros and cons:
- Pros: Lasts longer and takes more wear and tear
- Cons: More difficult to install. Must hand-apply adhesive.
Paper pros and cons:
- Pros: Easier to install as its pre-pasted. Simply dip in water to activate the adhesive and stick to wall.
- Cons: Less durable and more prone to damage
Paint vs. Wallpaper
It’s solid, and it’ll keep up with the wear and tear of children and high-traffic in the home. Most of the varieties are capable of being scrubbed.
it’s a decent alternative for places that need to have a consistent and straightforward application depending on the sheen/finish. Semi-gloss to glossy paints are robust and are typically held for trim, outside entryways, and so forth. Satin, Eggshell, and once in a while, flat sheens become material on the inside walls. At the point when walls get damaged, scratched, or hit, paint can chip away. Fixing and repainting will be vital. Paint options are vastly more expensive.
Other custom wallpaper considerations
Wallpaper and paint can go in cost range from the low end to the high finish. Wallpaper, by and large, is progressively costly to buy the rolls and supplies and to have it installed. Paint by average is less expensive and requires minimal quantity, and a novice can apply it. Cheap wallpaper procured via purchase is a possible material. If you do it without anyone else’s help, it can eliminate installation costs. With paint, better quality artificial paint finishes and textured paint can be costly, mainly if it should be professionally applied.
A Mix of Both
Many individuals need the adaptability of adding a surface to their wall with adjustable paint hues. The paintable backdrop is an item that comes in rolls or binder squares. After the finished backdrop is applied, it very well may be left exposed, or it tends to become painted. The paintable backdrop is the better of the two worlds.
The magnificent universe of wall finishes is tremendous and adaptable. Regardless of whether you pick wallpaper backdrop or paint, possibly one will give your home subtle and striking shading and character. For the intrigue of both, attempt paintable backdrop or stick with paint or wallpaper exclusively. Either way, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today!
Want to learn more? Learn about turning pictures into custom wallpaper murals
Platon Graphics offers affordable custom wallpaper for your business or home. With our high quality, versatile and durable materials you can be sure you’ll get the perfect custom wallpaper for your business’ needs! With over 7 decades of experience creating beautifully made products, our team of trained and skilled custom wallpaper makers will help you make your vision a reality. Whether your company is a national chain, a small to medium sized business, or a home owners, we’re here to help you get the perfect custom wallpaper to complement its surroundings. Call us today for a free quote or fill out the form to the right to get a conversation started.
Call Today (310) 227-8027